October 3, 2014

NYC Sparkle Eye Dust Review



I went to Rite Aid a few weeks ago to pick up some necessities and of course I had to go stroll past the makeup section to see if there was anything new that caught my eye. These NYC sparkle eye dusts definitely caught my eye. I'm not sure if these are brand new to the line or if it was just my first time seeing them.


left to right; 883 Amber Glitz, 884 Bronze Shimmer, 880 Golden Champagne
All the colors appealed to me but I restricted myself to only buying 3 just in case I ended up not liking them. There are 10 shades in this line. I purchased the shades 883 Amber Glitz, 884 Bronze Shimmer, and 880 Golden Champagne.


These are loose pigments that come with a doe-foot applicator. Be warned there is A LOT of fallout with this product. As you can see from the picture above there is fallout all over the other 2 just by pulling the applicator out to take a picture.

top to bottom; 883 Amber Glitz, 884 Bronze Shimmer, 880 Golden Champagne
The pigmentation is impressive for a drugstore product. These swatches are one swipe with the applicator onto my arm with no primer underneath.


This is a quick look I did with 2 of the sparkle eye dusts so i could see how they blend and if they last throughout the day. I used Bronze Shimmer on my eyelid by swiping it on my arm first and then using my finger to pick up the product and pat it onto my eyelid and smudged a little on my lower lash line. There was way too much fallout for me to even attempt using the applicator on my eyelid. I did use the applicator to press Golden Champagne onto my inner corner of my eye for a highlight and blended out the edges a bit with my finger. It lasted on my eyes all day with a primer underneath.

My final thoughts about the NYC Sparkle Eye Dusts are that I really like them. The only problem is the amount of fallout but I think that can be minimized by not using the applicator to swipe it onto your eyelid. This is a great product for the price. These retail at drugstores for $2.99 each.

Check out my Instagram for more pictures of this look.



6 comments:

  1. those are beautiful colors for brown eyes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love their color selection.

      Delete
  2. I saw Rozhi post abt NYCs sparkle eye dust so I went out and I bought NYCs sparkle eye dust �� really great review I bought bronze shimmer and the pigment is fantastic

    ReplyDelete