October 25, 2014

Wet n Wild Smoke and Melrose and Melrose at Night

I've definitely been a fan of Wet n Wild for the past year. They've changed a lot for the better since the last time I used them many years ago. They always come out with limited edition palettes in colors that don't really interest me so I didn't realize how hard these 2 limited edition palettes would be to track down. They came out along with a few other palettes for Fall 2014 but these 2 were the only ones that attracted me because of the rose and taupe colors. I couldn't find them anywhere at any drugstores I went to and just when I gave up and got over it I finally found them. 

left to right; Smoke and Melrose, Melrose at Night
Left to right; Smoke and Melrose, Melrose at Night
Smoke and Melrose top to bottom;browbone, base, definer, eyelid, crease
Melrose at Night top to bottom; browbone, base, definer, eyelid, crease
Final thoughts; I give these palettes a thumbs up. The colors are very pigmented and the range of colors work well together. I personally wouldn't use them the way they are labeled but the colors do work well together in different ways. I also haven't seen any other drugstore palette come out with these types of rosy tones yet so if you can still find these I recommend you pick them up. They're definitely worth the $4-$5.  Keep scrolling to see the look I created with Smoke and Melrose.

Smoke and Melrose 
When I see rosy neutral tones I think of a daytime look so I went without the liner for this look. I used the matte browbone shade in the crease and above the crease for a transition, the definer shade in the inner and outer corners with the base shade in the middle for that pop of light pink brightness in the center of the eye.

What do you think of Wet n Wild's Fall 2014 limited edition palettes? Let me know in the comments below.

8 comments:

  1. Girl you've convinced me, I love those colors too! Might go get the one with the red hues it's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving it! I've been using it all the time since I got it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture where you demonstrate the colors is very beautiful

      Delete
  3. Looks great on you! Thanks for the swatches too. I ran out and bought smoke and melrose at Walgreens as soon as I heard about it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Smoke and melrose is definitely my favorite out of the two.

      Delete
  4. Love your blog, girl! And this post also has me convinced for these little palettes. Who can resist wet 'n wild eye shadow though? Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha I was missing out this whole time. Their shadows are pretty great

      Delete